Prior to earning Juris Doctorate at the St. Louis University School of Law, Attorney Patton held several corporate communications positions with the corporate headquarters/technology center of Amoco Foam Products Company, a subsidiary of Amoco Chemical Company, located in Smyrna, Georgia. At Amoco, Attorney Patton gained extensive corporate business experience related to the identification and development of new products and new markets for the polystyrene foam industry.
During law school, Attorney Patton accepted an internship at the corporate headquarters for Ralston Purina Company where her work focused on legal issues relating to securities, employment law, employee benefits, and corporate governance.
Attorney Patton’s practice has focused on family law matters since she graduated law school. After several years at non-profit and private law firms, Attorney Patton founded the Law Firm of Cynthia L. Patton PC in January, 2007 in Marietta. Here, she is able to incorporate the best of what she has learned and experienced over the course of her career to provide client-centered care that meets client goals at a reasonable cost.
- Family Law Instructor, Paralegal Program, North Metro Technical College, Woodstock, Georgia
Attorney Patton is Admitted to Practice Law in the Following Courts
- Superior Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
President, Family Law Section of the Cobb County Bar Association, 2009-2010
Member, Board of Trustees, Cobb County Bar Association, 2009-2010
Attorney Patton is a Member of the Following Bar Associations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
She served as staff member of Saint Louis University Law Journal, and participated in Moot Court I & II
Prior Legal Experience
- Stearns-Montgomery & Associates, Marietta, Georgia (exclusively family law cases)
- Atlanta Legal Aid Society (cobb County Office), Marietta, Georgia (mainly family law cases, but also landlord-tenant, bankruptcy, consumer cases)
- Law Intern to Judge James Barta, at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District, St. Louis, Missouri
- Law Clerk, Corporate Legal Department, Ralston Purina Company, St. Louis, Missouri (legal issues relating to securities, employment law, employee benefits, and corporate governance)
- Law Clerk for chief Judge Hugh Stone and Judge David Barrett, Enotah Judicial Circuit (Lumpkin, Towns, Union and White Counties), Georgia (general civil and criminal cases, including family law)
- Legal Intern at Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri (general civil cases, including family law)
- Attorney Patton was lead counsel for Plaintiff Webb in the case of Webb v.TNT Auto Sales, Inc., et al. Attorney Patton worked closely with multiple co-counsels, including former Georgia Governor Roy E. Barnes. Case strategies included investigative reports by local television news media (WAGA FOX 5 ATLANTA), and collaboration with state and federal law enforcement agencies (DEA, FBI, GBI). The case successfully settled just weeks before the jury trial was set to begin.
- Attorney Patton was co-counsel for Plaintiff Allen in the case of Allen v. Marietta Housing Authority, an eviction case that began in the Cobb County Magistrate Court, was appealed through the Cobb County State and Superior Courts, and removed to the US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and finally was settled on appeal to the Eleventh Circuit U. S. Court of Appeals.
- Cobb Human Services Coalition, Inc., Treasurer
- The Elizabeth Inn Family Shelter, Volunteer
- The Extension Shelter for Men Recovering from Addiction, Volunteer
- Atlanta Community Food Bank, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Red Cross Blood Drive, Volunteer
- Atlanta Public Schools Science Fair, Judge
- Toys for Tots, Committee Chair
Contact us for a consultation.